Saturday, December 30, 2006

One Year...10 Posts

I know my review of Toure's Never Drank the Kool-Aid was supposed to be next, but I have to say something else first. (But YES, he did respond to my email...more later, I promise)

It just occured to me that I started my blog one year ago this month, so I didn't want the month to end without talking about my 1-year bloggin milestone...

I started this blog in the hopes that other nursing school hopefuls, especially those who might not otherwise have anyone to ask for advice, would be able to gain some insight into what it is like to apply to and attend nursing school, especially graduate level nursing school. I also wanted to share my experiences in an accelerated "direct entry" nursing program, which is different than a traditional nursing program - mainly in that you can have an undergrad degree in anything (mine is in English-Writing and Linguistics) and get both an RN and MSN in one bridge-type program.

I am suprised by how much more I ended up writing about. I am also suprised by how personal my blog has gotten, despite the fact that it is still not "very" personal! There are some things about my blog that I am proud of; mainly, I am proud of the truth that it represents. There are others that I look back and am somewhat disappointed with - such as the overall language of the blog, which I thought would be slightly more formal than it is. In the end, while I am not exactly happy with the language, I have come to accept it because I value non-academic and non "literary" tongue and I hope that this blog remains readable because of it.

Anyway, I perused my archives, and these are my top 10 posts of the year (they will pop up below this current post):

These posts because they exemplify the mission of this blog

Because of this post, I will never forget how it felt...

This post because it marked the end of a very long journey...

This rant because it tells the truth about who I am...

This one and this one, because they articulate what marriage means to me...

This is what nursing school is really like...

But also this one, because it equally tells the truth of nursing school...

And who could forget the day they asked me to leave the program...

And last but not least,this post, because it captures the very essence of my life.

I hope you all have enjoyed the blog this year, and I hope I have helped someone, anyone. I look forward to the growth next year brings, and your cyberspace visits!

2 comments:

KHP said...

I love your selection of top-ten postings, and I thank you very much for sharing something so personal and meaningful. I very much enjoyed re-reading your selections.

Have a happy and prosperous 2007!

minority midwife said...

Thanks for coming along for the ride chialing81, and I can honestly say the same to you!

LP