Tuesday, May 01, 2007

An Exhausting Day

The following post was typed over a week ago, and I never posted it because I wanted to walk away from it and come back and see if I felt the same way or if I was simply whining...I still feel the same way, so here it is:

This time, it is not really about the physical demands, although it was 12 hour day in which I left my house at 8 this morning and won't get home until after 10 tonight (class, work study, and work today!) Today left me mentally exhausted. I feel like I think about my life ten times more than other people, and I'm not sure that's a good thing. Everyone seems so detached from life while in nursing school. I try to focus on only what's in front me this moment, but I just don't think that way I guess. I ask about the PhD program, about research, about job experiences, about clinical competance, about writing a lit review, and a million other things that other people don't seem to be worried about, or even thinking about, at all. It's only about the classes...day in and day out...but I will lose my mind if I have to really concentrate on only the classes, especially since so many of the classes really make me nuts! I also think I might talk to much, ask too many questions (but NOT in that "OMG I know she's not asking another question, can't we just get on with class" kind of way) and make too many people in positions of power uncomfortable. I know that I am articulate (can I have that moment of arrogance?) but I will say that I had no idea just how articulate other people perceive me to be (H, you don't count ;o) and how threatened that makes them feel.

1 comment:

SNM YEAH!!! said...

exhausting= crazy intelligent nursing students undertaking one of the hardest degree to accelerate in.

Thanks for checkin up. We will get thru this. Not even week by week but day by day.