Monday, February 27, 2006

3 for 3

I have somehow managed to get into all three schools I applied to. I feel weird. And still speechless. But this blog is supposed to be more about the process and less about my feelings for right now, so here's the update:

Ivy1: My dream school. I finally received the financial aid award packet and it is pretty darn close to being exactly what they said it would be, which is a HUGE relief!

**If you will review my "THE NIGHTMARE" post about financial aid, you will see what Ivy1 quoted for financial aid...I did receive *everything* they said would be available. The scholarship amount was raised by $70.**

Ivy2: They have also sent their financial aid packet, and it left much to be desired. One major difference is that Ivy2 classifies its first year students as "5th year freshmen" which significantly lowers your maximum allottment of federal loans in comparison to "graduate student" status. The difference in cost between Ivy1 and Ivy2 is also r-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s. Cost of year one of Ivy2: $90,000.

Ivy3: I just heard word from Ivy3 and so I don't have much news from them yet, including a financial aid award letter. I was a bit suprised by my acceptance to Ivy3, as they were the school with the strictest policy on criminal background issues.

There is also great news for us professional students, which I will give its own post...

No comments: