Thursday, August 24, 2006


THANK YOU Girls Incorporated!
Girls Inc. has awarded me a $3,000 scholarship! I had no idea how or where I was going to get books for the semester, and I am really tired of sitting on a metal fold up chair in my living room, especially since we haven't gotten the bed yet. It'll be nice to have something soft to sit on. I also had no idea where we'd get more money for groceries. I am (of course) going to spread the money over three semesters, but even $1000 is enough to do what I need to do for now.
And for those of you who don't know, Girls Inc is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping girls from all different backgrounds become "strong, smart, and bold." I personally was a member of Girls Inc from age 6 to age 18. They introduced me to many things: the arts (opera, ballet, theater), exracurricular science programs, hygeine, ettiquette, and cooking classes, tutoring, computer classes, and the list goes on and on. Plus, undergraduate scholarships. People have their own ideas about the girls a place like Girls Inc serves, but I have always, always, ALWAYS been an advocate, and I will continue to do so.
Thanks again, Girls Inc. For everything.

No comments: