Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Anatomy & Physiology TEST 2

Lecture exam this morning is finally over. Have A&P LAB exam Thursday, those never go well. The test got me thinking...all of this memorization is not helping me get ready for nursing school. Nursing school is about actually u-n-d-e-r-s-t-a-n-d-i-n-g the material and being able to APPLY it to everydaylife situations! I have got to figure out a way to change the way I approach A&P so that I will beable to translate all this memorization into real knowledge...But that's for later. Right now, I need to get a B in A&P so that I don't have to take A&P next semester in grad school ((this will give me Fridays off!!!))

1 comment:

The new Third Degree Nurse said...

Believe it or not, you will need those memorization skills.

Yes, nursing school involves understanding and applying the knowlege, which will frustrate you if you expect to get complete decision-making info on multiple choice tests. However, memorizing is important, too, especially if you are like me and haven't used those skills since the 4th grade.

Just wait till you get to Pharmacology!