Wednesday, May 24, 2006

May 2006

is wrapping up, and I am recommitting to my blog. It's a been a long couple of months since I posted, but I had to buckle down and finish up some things. Here are some updates:

Undergraduate Life...has ended, finally. I graduated on May 5, 2006 with a bunch of people I don't know. I am not a pomp and circumstance person, so I could have done without the ceremony, but it felt good nonetheless. Mostly, I am just extremely glad it's over. I ended up with a C+ in A&P, damn those +/- grades! So now I am reviewing this summer in hopes of testing out of the crappy A&P course offered in the fall at my new school. But I did end up with two A's and B for my other grades, which isn't so bad.

Graduate School...is fast approaching. I've done a lot in the last couple of months:

~I got started on my immunizations. I needed a Tetanus, TB, HepB series, and a Mono. These were expensive to be suprised with. My advice is to check with the local clinic, or traveler's clinic - shop around!

~We applied for on-campus graduate family housing and, thankfully, avoided the waiting list! We've picked our apartment, signed the lease, and turned in the money.

~We've purchased our airline tickets for August. (Found a great deal that I couldn't pass up!)

For those of you who are keeping up with this blog in order to be prepared for the costs of a program like this, here is about how much I've spent so far:

App Fees: $180
Interview costs (travel, etc): $600
Acceptance Fee: $600
Housing Deposit: $755
Immunizations: $375 (because my mom made a donation, thanks mom!)
Airfare to get there in August: $207 (one way for two of us) Southwest Rocks!
Mail: $65 (This is only because I send everything certified FedEx. So this is NOT required!)
TOTAL: $2782

Real Life...is moving fast. I just celebrated my 6th wedding anniversary with my hubby.

No comments: