Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Semester 2, Spring 2007

Man I didn't want to come back. My body still isn't used to getting up at 6:15. My mind is still racing at 2 am as I lay in bed trying to fall asleep.

MedSurg ended as you all know, and it has been replaced by Psych on the calender. I have class on Mondays and Tuesdays from 8am to 3pm, and clinical rotations for 8 hours on Thursdays and Fridays.

8 friggin AM: PHARM
10 (Mondays only) BIOMED
(Tuesdays only) PATHOPHYSIOLOGY
1 PM: PSYCH

I have a job interview tomorrow to work at a university library for a few hours a week. Work study at the school isn't very good because it's only 4 hours a week and those 4 hours are so hard to schedule with faculty that it's frustrating. I'm looking for a straight forward schedule of 10-15 hours a week. I don't want to work because I don't think it will be good for me in this program, but what other option do I have? I need money and I need it now. <>

A friend has an interesting post up about the fear of the practitioner (specifically midwives) that is really excellent, check it out.

On a positive note, I read an entire collection of Aaron McGruder's The Boondocks last week, and revisted it this week, and it was PHENOMENAL. I laughed so hard my stomach hurt! And then I watched a Katt Williams stand up special from HBO and again, laughed so hard I cried. His Michael Jackson commentary was on point and brutally honest and funny! Evenif you don't usually like our self-degrading style of black comedy (sometimes it does hurt my heart) I think you'll enjoy Katt's special. And if you are one of those black folks who read, please check out any collection of the Boondocks, it has really cheered me up recently!

No comments: