Monday, February 26, 2007

Biomed, In the Final Hour

The mornings of exams I used to listen to encouraging music while studying. I had my IPOD programmed to play 4 slower, encouraging Gospel songs (think, Yolanda Adams) followed by a Hip Hop anthem-style song (think "Survivor")...I actively study during the slow (20 mins) then take a break during the fast (5 mins) and keep going for about an hour or two. Well, since my IPOD was stolen last semester, I haven't been able to do this. But this morning I came to school and listened to Yahoo radio while I studied. A minute ago, a song called "The Struggle is Over" by Youth for Christ came on; there isn't a song more appropriate for how I feel this morning as I prepare to take this final BIOMED exam. I've reached that place where I can't even be anxious about it because I just want it to be over. No matter the outcome, the stress of it is now over. It's like the peace you get after making a decision.

Hearing the song was one of those "And this, too, shall pass" reminders, and we all need those.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am curious as to how you study.
Since starting nursing school I have had to completely revamp the way I approach note taking in addition to studying. Do you have any techniques that work for you? I'm always interested in finding more ways to be a better student.

SNM YEAH!!! said...

oh my goodnes can I say you are my study twin...lol...I prefer to have music playing while I'm studying especially gospel music. I be jammin and reciting my psych meds to the twhateva tune. Also when I forget my ipod I listen to gospel jams on yahoo messenger also. Plus the first time I heard The Struggle is over I was on my way to Adult Clinical and was so tired from doing my carplan the night before and that song came on. Yes I started crying, singing my lungs out, and all this smiling at the same time talking to my God. I'm sure I probably looked crazy. God luck on the rest of ur exams.

minority midwife said...

Hey folks!

CC - you got it, comin up...

CNMinthemaking - isn't it great to realize that you're not alone int he world? LOL And I talk to myself all the time, but I have a secret: sometimes I walk and record myself with a mini recorder so it doesn't look so bad...and it helps when i don't have time to write in my journal. Crazy, just crazy! LOL