Thursday, February 08, 2007

I had this long post typed out just now and it crashed. Man.

I had this strange experience where I missed my own blog. Meaning, I sat down to read my blog...as in "I haven't read so-n-so's blog in a while, let me see if she has a new post" like it isn't my own blog...it was strange.

Anyway, I guess I am sitting here to write (rewrite) the post I wanted to read...

I didn't make the things to do before I die list yet, but I did visit a new place on campus! I went to a pregnancy photography talk that was about how society has shaped the images of pregnant women we see (or don't see) and about the evolution of the photographing of pregnant bellies. It was great.

Per one of my goals, I took note of some meaningful things I did over the week, including talk to a girl in my class about health disparities until 1am one night, and unofficially submitting a praxis idea to an advisor after waking up at 4 am one morning with it on my mind.

I also took note of watching the superbowl, which turned out to be so much more emotional than I thought it would be...it was the commercial that did it! I realized that when I'm old and some youngins are talking about the year when two black men went to the superbowl as coaches, I would be able to say "I remember that."

The brown people have officially decided to get together *regularly* (finally) for something one of us coined Brown Folks Brown Bag...I guess we're going to be meeting over lunch. I can't wait.

And then there's this:

I’M GOING HOME!

4 comments:

SNM YEAH!!! said...

I'm glad to read that you're accomplishing ur goals that you set forth in the beginning of this month. I just started a blog to document my journey in becoming a CNM. So reading your blog this past two weeks has been inspirational. Finding someone who shares the interest of the wellbeing of our black people. Meaning we are concious. Still trying to figure out how to add your link to my page but all in due time. Take care and yes we will meet our goals.

minority midwife said...

Thanks for stopping by, and welcome to blog world! I will definitely keep upi with your progress, it's great to have another along for the ride!

LP

Anonymous said...

LP-
Did you ever get to check out that copy of The Bluest Eye?!

minority midwife said...

No, actually I didn't, but only because I was no longer in the mood to enjoy it right then!

I am going to go back one day to look at it though...it'll be one of those get pretty & do something for yourself days!