Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Birthday Weekend!


I saw my frist Broadway play this past weekend! Saturday was my birthday and we (my husband and me) celebrated in Harlem while visiting a friend. The Color Purple was wonderful. In fact, the whole weekend was beautiful. The whole time I was in the moment of it and I felt like I had arrived at a place in my life that I was waiting to get to. That's weird, but basically for once I was doing something exactly as I had hoped/imagined I would be doing it, with who I imagnied I'd be doing it with in my adult life...instead of waiting to be old enough/rich enough/free enough to do it...the time had finally come, and it felt like it was only the beginning of what my life is finally going to be like...it was so exciting!

This will be a good year for me, I feel it now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous feeling! Happy birthday to you! =)

Anonymous said...

happy birthday, minority nursing student. and enjoy those moments that are rich with the now - they can be hard to come by, especially in that nursing program you are in now (i went through it too).

minority midwife said...

Thanks folks! Spring break turned out to be lovely, too!

LP