Thursday, September 23, 2010

What a Weekend!

I dropped my cousin off to the airport today after a wonderful weekend. I didn't want to see her go. I wish my generation - especially the ones I'm close to - would all live in the same city or at least very, very close to one another...I think our lives would be different, better. When I think about all the Sunday dinners, trips, birthday parties and a million other things that take place in families like mine it makes me wonder how we (my generation) will ever continue those things if we all continue to spread out from eachother. I think if we had of started out somewhere other than Omaha, NE we might have had a chance, but since no one under 40 wants to live in Nebraska we've ended up all over the place. It'd be nice if we could come to a mutual understanding on a general area to live...I miss my people.

Anyway we had a great weekend while it lasted! I had plenty of stuff planned and some downtime, too. We went to the city Saturday and spent the night there with our other cousin and his girlfriend. We ate at P.Diddy's place (Justin's) and at Sylvia's in Harlem. We had good drinks every where we went (we were so sick over the weekend from all of the liquer mixing; we're getting too old for this) We partied at a club called Eugene's and it was great, but scary because they did not obey the maximum capacity rules and eventually we had to leave from fear of being trampled or a fire breaking out...especially since it was clear that some serious weed smoking was going on. And I was made because it cost $30 for girls and $40 for boys to get in and I had to be searched and patted to get in. But the party was worth the pain...even if not worth the money.

For some reason I've been getting hit on a lot lately, and NYC was no different, except the men were so much more aggressive it seemed...there was a lot of "stuck up" "conceited" "bourgeoisie" name calling going on. And I kept thinking, "if you weren't trying to practically have sex with me on the dance floor, I would dance with you more!" I mean, whatever happened to the respectful bump and grind? I turned down a drink from a guy who was too much to handle and he got an attitude...I thought I was being nice...I mean, spend your money on a girl you actually have a chance to take home, or who is at least single...I know these drinks are expensive! (And I can afford my own...but if he had of been a little less aggressive, I would have gotten something)

We also went to a club that was having an African dance party and I got to practice a little French which was fun. My cousin lost her mind in that club! LOL I ain't mad at her though, get it, get it! LOL

1 comment:

SNM YEAH!!! said...

alright now somebody seems like they had alot alot alot of fun, did I mention alot. lol, much love.