Sunday, September 10, 2006

I Saw Dead People

I survived the first week of nursing school!

Of course, the week has started all over again and here I am studying. Sleepy, groggy, wanting to climb into bed again. I love this cartoon because it's so true. Toward the end of the day, say at about 2, I am so sleepy and ready to go home that I have a hard time concentrating. But when I get home, in my own bed, I sometimes cannot get to sleep for the life of me!

But anyway, the first week - especially the fluid balance lecture day, was tough. Lots and lots of never-studied-before science for me. Luckily, my teacher is a force of nature. She runs, screams, jumps, and curses like a sailor! It really helps keep us up and motivated. A&P, drama aside, is going to be a piece of cake lecture-wise. However, the cadaver lab is something to be reckoned with. Man! I have a hard time looking at dead people. I did manage to stay for the whole lab (with two exits for a deep breath), but I never managed to touch them. At least the smell of formaldyhyde is practically NON-EXISTENT in the new state of the art, pricey medical school building. Nevermind that the nursing school is practically a bunker.

No comments: