Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The One Question Blues

I missed a HP by one question. That's always the worst. I guess it's better than failing it alltogether, which a few people did. I feel sorry for those people because the lowest score was only about 4 questions from a P. I do feel relieved to have passed the test, but missing the grade you wanted by one question sucks!

Anyway, last night's potluck was AMAZING. The 3rd year students welcomed us by performing crazy, funny skits about their clinical experiences and our professors. Then the professors presented the 2nd year student with handquilted bags welcoming them to the midwifery specialty. (The first year is RN training and has very little to do with midwifery) Then, those 2nd year students read a letter that they had written to us, the pre-midwifery 1st year students, welcoming us to the program and presented us with artistic folders they had created for us full of poetry, personal letters from the classes before us, artwork of pregnant women, and a CD of empowering music. Then the alcohol started flowing and we had such a wonderful time, eating, laughing, and getting to know one another. Didn't that make you all warm inside? LOL And I learned that my professors are CRAZY. I think it's the menopause kicking in (they're all there, or past it) and it's great to be around older women who have lost the need to be anyone other than themselves!

I got a positive response from my first careplan (last week) which was phenomenal. I'll tell you about this week's clinical tomorrow when it wraps up.

No comments: