Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Creative Writing

I was selected to participate in a creative writing program on campus. It's a writer's workshop of sorts. The first meeting is today. Of course, tomorrow is my med surg exam, so I am not feeling like taking the break out of my day to do this. I am going to go though because I need to be able to think/write/talk about something other than nursing, and I need a break from studying. I read through some of my old writing to find something to take to workshop (no time to write anything new) and was so disappointed that I haven't been able to write much in the last few months. Reading my own writing made me remember that I *am* good at something, even if it isn't Biomed. It takes a huge mental and emotional shift to learn the material I'm learning, especially since most things I had to do as an English major came so naturally to me.

Me and my friend (M) also had a revelation: Just because we can't do happy hour on Fridays anymore, that doesn't mean happy hour is a bust...we'll just go on Wednesdays! So I'm also going to be taking a break to drink $2 margaritas from heaven and eat free burritos, cheap wings, and tasty spinach artichole dip.

Then I'll pull a semi all-nighter studying for med surg Test 3, aka "the test from hell!"

No comments: