Thursday, November 09, 2006

Thursdays

My new Thursday starts with class at 8 am, and ends at 10pm when clinical is over. There is a 1 hour lunch from 12-1. How did I end up with a clinical placement at the same time as my Friday anatomy class? We go to 1 hour's worth of class, but then it's off to the hospital (which is a 30 minute communte on the worst friggin interstate I have ever used) and we miss the last 2 hours of anatomy. Doesn't this seem azz-backward? I don't mind because I didn't go to the cadaver labs anyway, but the other students in my clinical group (who also have to take Anatomy) are not at all happy about it, and I completely understand why. Today I had a biomed test, which is why I am done early with class and have time to write this.

The biomed test was very frustrating. I spent hours and hours studying very productively. I had a 2 hour quizzing session early this morning with my friend who happens to being doing well in the class. I had to answer the questions without prompts from memory, which is harder than answering multiple choice questions because there's nothing to jog your memory. I did fine during this session. We both decided I knew the material. So how come I had no idea what the answer to almost 20 of the 40 questions on the test?

I am going to clinical unprepared because our preceptor was not there when we went to do chart review yesterday and so we had no access to the computers that hold all of the patient's information, and my patient's chart was missing because he wasn't on the floor (getting labs done probably).

What I want is a cocktail. Oh, wait. My weekly happy hour is now a thing of the past because I have clinical on Friday nights. Lucky me.

No comments: