Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Reason I Write

I sat with the last quote for a long time, and it felt good, but then I went back to find my own encouraging words that are located in several haphazard places because I do not have a file system for my own writings (I think I am afraid someone will stumble across them) and I found this:

"I swear, people will make you feel like you're crazy if you let them. There aint nuthin wrong with me. I know exactly what I want, and I am not going to be bothered by the fact that it exceeds what you happened to have imagined for me. You should've dreamed bigger."
~ Myself

It came from this post on June 27th, 2006.

How appropriate the profound truth I uttered that day.

I found many more, including this one from my "Shoot for the Moon" journal:

"I remember the way the stars aligned to get me here. The universe wants this for me, even when I am not strong enough to want it for myself."
It occurred to me that this is one of the reasons I write; I need to be able to look back and say "I know something about the world and, more importantly, I know something about myself." This way, when someone tells me something about myself that is not true, I am able to find my own truth in my own words when I need it most desperately.

No comments: