Wednesday, July 19, 2006

4 weeks from now

I’ll be home – hopefully, both physically and mentally. I’m hoping our new city hits the spot and becomes a place we can stand to live for at least ten years. I am tired of packing, moving, and unpacking. I want red walls, wood floors, and black and white photographs on my walls. I want to cook in my own kitchen.

If you’ve been keeping up, you’ll remember my Sugar post. Well, the day after that, I gave it up. I still use sugar substitutes, and I still get plenty of sugar by eating whole fruit, but that’s it. For those of you who have never tried it, that cuts out a lot of food. Especially since I no longer eat refined carbs like white bread, flour, etc. I eat plenty of complex carbs though, and I will eat whole grain bread when I want to. Oh, and I don’t eat after 7 or 8. I found a neat little website that keeps track of everything for me: www.calorie-count.com and so far it’s going better than expected. Also, I have been walking but lately it’s been a very muggy, humid 100 degrees and walking outside is just out of the question.

Anyway, I have a school update:

I received my registration packet, and man was it thick. I had a few new tasks to do, including going online to register for (and pay for) a criminal background check, online loan entrance counseling and new promissory notes, and voter registration. Our orientation is a week long, but includes things like HIPPA training, immunization clinics, and IT seminars to designed to get our PDAs up and running. There is also a lab coat/school patch ceremony, which I think is great. There are also some built in family-friendly activities each day, including the first meeting for spouses of nursing students. I wonder if he’ll go for it.

My guess is no.

No comments: