Thursday, July 20, 2006

Wikipedia meme

I got this from Karen's blog:


"Go to Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
and look up your birthday (excluding the year). List three neat facts, two births, and one death in your journal, including the year."

Neat facts:
1873 - Censorship: The U.S. Congress enacts the Comstock Law, making it illegal to send any "obscene, lewd, or lascivious" books through the mail.

1923 - TIME magazine is published for the first time.

1991 - An amateur video captures the beating of Rodney King by Los Angeles police officers.

Births:
1962 - Jackie Joyner-Kersee, American athlete

1981 - Lil' Flip, American rapper

Death:
1937 - Amelia Earhart, American pilot (disappeared)

Tomorrow's post will be my reaction to "You so damn mean." I am giving myself a day to think about it bcecause otherwise it would be a post full of obscenities because I am so tired of hearing this...especially from black men.

No comments: