Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Ramblings

School News: I ordered the required background check from the required company. The first charge was $20. Good enough. But, then I get an email saying that another $42 has been charged to my account because I had multiple addresses in multiple states and counties listed. I hope I'm not going to have to pay for each and every address I have lived at for the last ten years...that would be disastrous. Why is everything always more expensive than it's supposed to be?

New site: http://shapeofamother.blogspot.com/ This site is about how pregnancy changes the body, physically. Women post photos of their bodies with the hopes that these realistic pictures will help other women realize the beauty of their bodies, or at least the normality if they can't yet come to appreciate it as beauty. Gazing at stretch marks, love handles, and an amazing amount of skin for the last hour made me feel feel unusually good about my own body, even if it isn't post-pregnancy weight that made me this way. Well worth the visit.

Food: It's been going well. No sugar, but some whole grains. Scale still moving in my favor, and I'm very very close to my 3-months-ago weight. Feels good.

Update: It's confirmed, my friend is pregnant. (see post "Mean and Other Things") I don't know what to say or do. Do I stop by and offer my support (phone is disconnected)? Seems invasive, not respectful of her space. Do I write her a letter? Seems impersonal, especially for how close we are(don't be fooled by her secrecy about this pregnancy, we usually are very close, and now I know why we haven't been talking). I don't know what to do, any advice?

No comments: