Tuesday, July 11, 2006

First Tuition Bill

I got my first tuition bill in the mail today. I owe $1,087.50 for the fall semester, which is more than I expected. Tuition went up more than $500 per semester, big suprise. I emailed my husband to tell him the news and he said "It isn't that bad, really." I needed to hear that. I swear, every time we manage to save over $1,000, we get a hit like this which makes us start all over again. It could be worse, I could be staring at the bill with absolutely no clue as to how I am going to pay it. It feels good to be able to pay in full and not have to make arrangements like I'm used to having to do - even if it means we're almost back to zero in savings.

I haven't been sleeping well, worried about it all. The man will have to find a job that pays what we need within 30 days so that the money will be there when we need it 60 days after arriving. I have never moved with so little saved. I am trying to tell myself "what a great adventure," but all that comes to mind is "two months away from homelessness." It's a lesson in faith, and I hope I pass.

No comments: