Monday, June 11, 2007

I *SO* Hate School Right Now

As I was writing my annotated bib last night, a thought occured to me: these articles do not address the health care issues of children...and therefore the topic is not appropriate for the assignment. Arrrgh %$#(@).

In the June 4th post I mentioned an article that lead me to my topic. However, when a kid starts kindergarten is not a relevant health care topic (in hindsight, I say DUH). Last night after I realized my mistake I tried to make it work. I tried to tie into cognitive developement and mental health care but, alas, I couldn't make it fit - there were no articles that fit what I was trying to do. So, at 10:30 last night, I was forced to START ALL OVER. You know, from the beginning. It was a sight to see as I threw my adult temper tantrum - which, to my credit, was mainly internal and I did not take it out on the man who was, of course, supportive. He kindly got out of my way as I silently packed up my stuff and headed to school to start the 5 hour journey that would eventually lead to an annotated bib on the intersection of foster care and health care.

Sleep. Please. For the love of God, sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh gawd, I hated annotated bibs. I, too, have experienced the heartbreak that accompanies having to start from scratch at 10:30 pm, when all you want to do is just finish the damn assignment and go to sleep.


Hang in there, LP - the frustration will all be worth it, I promise. Thinking of you out here in CA. :)